Installation instructions for
HAAKE MiniLab 3
The installation is separated into two steps:
In case HAAKE PolySoft OS is installed on the PC for the first time, a driver for the communication with the instrument needs to be installed.
Caution: Please do not connect the HAAKE MiniLab 3 to the PC prior installing the driver software. This may lead to complications during the driver installation procedure.
Please use the drivers included on this DVD as this version has been tested with HAAKE PolySoft OS. Please do not use newer drivers found on the manufacturer CD or on the internet without prior consultation with Thermo Scientific Service staff.
Please follow the instructions to install the communication driver.
- Download the file CP210x_Windows_Drivers_675.zip
- Extract the content of the downloaded zip file into a directory on the target PC
- Use the Windows Explorer to open this directory and
- depending on the PC's hardware either start
- CP210xVCPInstaller_x86.exe on a 32 bit system
- CP210xVCPInstaller_x64.exe on a 64 bit system
To check whether the driver has been installed successfully:
- Connect the HAAKE MiniLab 3an USB port of the PC.
- Power on the HAAKE MiniLab 3
- A popup window in the Windows system tray will show up, indicating the hardware is initialized.
- Wait till this popup displays a message 'The hardware can now be used'
- Open Windows Hardware manager by typing devmgmt.msc into the Windows command prompt (start Windows Start icon)
- Unfold the Device Manager list entry Connections (COM & LPT)
- Should contain a new COM port
2. Deinstall previously installed PolySoft version
In case HAAKE PolySoft OS is installed for the first time on this PC, this section can be skipped. In case a version is updated, please deinstall the older version first by:
- Open the software control panel for example by typing appwiz.cpl into the Windows command prompt (press Windows Start icon)
- Right click on the PolySoft item and
- select deinstall from the context menu.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Please follow these instructions to install the HAAKE PolySoft OS on the PC:
- Use the Windows Explorer to open the folder PolySoft on the DVD
- Start the program setup.exe
- Select the language of the installation procedure.
- Depending on the already installes runtime versions in a first step required components are installed. After this the setup program terminates. Start the setip.exe program again.
- After some initializations screens the registration dialog will pop up
- Please make sure to populate its fields exactly in the way the information are shown on the sticker provided with the software. Even the company name contains a type, it needs to be entered exactly in this way. Other entries cannot be registered.
- After the successful registering the license data, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation procedure.